DISH is Currently Offering Awesome Deals, Click Here.

Catching Up With David Archuleta From American Idol Season 7

David Archuleta on American Idol Season 7David Archuleta sang his way to 2nd place on American Idol Season 7. Throughout David’s journey on American Idol, he gained a huge fan base, and many thought this adorable young man should have won American Idol Season 7 instead of coming in as runner-up. To be honest, I have to agree with the majority, because I too thought David Archuleta was more vocally talented than David Cook. When David Archuleta sang, he did it with so much passion and emotion that it touched me. Sometimes I cried through his performances (yes, like Paula Abdul) and sometimes I smiled.

Looking back, I still believe David Archuleta should have won American Idol Season 7, and his success since America Idol proves it. For instance, David Archuleta’s debut single, Crush, made its way up on Billboard’s Hot 100 Singles chart to number 2 and the single also peaked at number one on Billboard’s Hot Digital Songs, which beat out David Cook’s single, The Time of My Life. David Cook’s single was number 3 on Billboard’s Hot 100 Singles chart. In addition to David Archuleta’s single making number 3 on Billboard’s Hot 100 Singles chart, the single earned David over 150,000 digital copy sales.

While David Archuleta’s talent is singing, he did give his vocals a short break when he acted in an iCarly episode entitled iRocked the Vote, which should air sometime next spring on Nickelodeon.

The latest news on David Archuleta is that he landed a contract with Azoff Management. Azoff has managed other vocal talent such as Christina Aguilera, The Eagles and Neil Diamond. David Archuleta’s manager is Jeff Archuleta. Jeff is David’s father, and Jeff supported David during his time on American Idol Season 7. The fact that David Archuleta became runner-up on American Idol and has come this far since tells us that his dad must be doing a wonderful job managing his son’s singing career. Moreover, I’m sure Jeff Archuleta is proud of his son and only has his son’s best interest at heart. Of course any parent would look out for their child and make sure everything goes the way it should, and as parents we make mistakes, but we learn from them, too.

To keep up with all the David Archuleta news, join his mailing list from his official website. Also, keep watching for news about David Archuleta’s self-titled debut album, which is scheduled for release on November 11.

6 Responses to “Catching Up With David Archuleta From American Idol Season 7”
Marylee - October 10th, 2008 at 1:05 pm

So wonderful to hear from a journalist who appreciates David Archuleta’s pure talent. He did, indeed, deserve to win the AI/Season 7 title as millions of supporters agree. The fact remains, though, that being runner up will not deter this remarkable young man from going on to super stardom. He is not looking back, nor should we. There is so much in store for David and I cannot wait to just sit back and watch his brilliant career unfold!
….GO DAVID!!!!!!!

Jess - October 10th, 2008 at 1:30 pm

Wonderful article on David. I am so excited to see David’s career unfolds before our eyes. I hope he keeps true to himself, because that is who we love and support. I can’t wait for his cd to come out.

Glenda - October 10th, 2008 at 1:34 pm

Great article…probably the best I’ve read lately regarding David. I agree with the comments regarding David’s father, Jeff. I believe that Jeff has had David’s best interest at heart from the beginning.

NCDAFAN - October 10th, 2008 at 1:38 pm

David’s talent couldn’t/cannot be denied. Period. Though it briefly stung when the title American Idol went to another, didn’t something deep down in all of us who watched him from day 1 to that finale just know that he had great things in store for him?

As the days went by, and the emotions started fading, it became clear to me – he was FREE – to begin charting his path in music without the baggage, the added and sometimes unrealistic expectations that are placed on the winners, AND we knew that once away from the Idol stage, he could show the public, for once and for all, that he was no “one trick pony, can only sing ballads guy” – which Crush has done masterfully.

We live in a sometimes overly competitive world, where we try to measure “success” in numbers, charts, stats, money, etc. David is step by step, day by day redefining what “winning” is, and what “success” can be.

We picked a true winner Team Archie! We were there standing by him when it seemed the whole world was trying to turn against him, we stood by him, believing in him when the media and critics tried to tear him down. We have overcome a lot of adversity, and as a result, it made us stronger as a team, and bonded all us Archies together in our unwavering support for him – and it shows no sign of letting up.

We’ve all come thru the fire stronger, more committed than ever to support this incredible, amazing, sweet, humble, uber gifted young man from Utah…. and I’d do it all again – this is David Archuleta, and he’s worth it.

donnie - October 10th, 2008 at 4:38 pm

Thanks for the great article on David. He is an amazing person and a voice to match. I understand that David will perform “God Bless America” during the 7th inning stretch at the Red Sox/Devil Rays game tonight (10/10), he will be performing in studio at the Today show on 11/11 (date of album release), and he will be on VH1 during their top 20 video count down on 11/15 and many other rumored appearances. Azoff and Jive are doing a wonderful job of promoting David and his new album.

Najla - February 1st, 2009 at 9:33 am

woo.0ow his album was released on my birthday 😀

Best Satellite TV Deal
If you're looking to sign up for Satellite TV service we currently recommend DISH. DISH has the most channels and lowest prices. We currently have a special deal for Satellite TV Guru readers, just call the number below to sign up and get these great bonuses:
  • Free Professional Installation
  • Latest Awesome Deals from DISH
  • Free HD DVR Equipment Upgrade
To Order DISH:
Call: 1-877-736-0734
Promo Code: 39547
You can also order DISH online here.

TV Shows